For those interested in becoming fluent in Esperanto with the help of a teacher in a classroom setting, we are offering Esperanto in 12 lessons. We have three upcoming courses scheduled (details below).
Most Tuesday evenings, we invite interested people to join us for an opportunity to learn and practice Esperanto. We meet in the program rooms of Edmonton Public Libraries (location details below).
Usually once per month Friends of Esperanto get together at an Edmonton Restaurant to enjoy food from around the world and meet others who like the idea of Esperanto (upcoming event details below).
ESPERANTO IN 12 LESSONS
The vast majority of people who try learning a second language don’t become fluent for years and rarely become fluent at all without an extended period of immersion – unless they are learning Esperanto. Esperanto can be learned in weeks instead of years; and the vast majority of the world’s Esperanto speakers, became fluent without any immersion at all. We invite those interested in learning with the help of a teacher in a classroom setting to register for an upcoming course.
The courses aims to make fluent speakers from complete beginners in only twelve lessons. Very few in the world, and none of the currently active group of fluent Esperanto speakers in Edmonton, have had more than ten lessons of formal instruction. To better understand how this is possible visit the “WHAT MAKES IT SO EASY?” section of the “More about Esperanto” page of this website.
- Thursday evening classes start Thursday September 26, 2019.
- Wednesday evening classes start Wednesday October 23, 2019.
- Tuesday evening classes start Tuesday November 19, 2019.
Payment options for the full twelve week course:
$200 – One time payment (includes all benefits of being a Basic Patron of Esperanto Antaŭen),
$25/month – Become a Sustaining Patron of the Esperanto Antaŭen and attend the course at no additional cost,
Volunteer time – Help with the work of Esperanto Antaŭen.
You are invited to attend a Tuesday Evening Esperanto drop in event for a FREE First Lesson and to learn 20% of the vocabulary items required for fluency !
TUESDAY EVENING ESPERANTO
Most Tuesday evenings, we offer an opportunity for interested people to learn and practice Esperanto. In one evening complete beginners can hope to learn about 20% of our basic list of morphemes accounting for 95% of spoken Esperanto. Beginning in August 2019, we are scheduling Tuesday Evening Esperanto in program rooms of Edmonton Public Libraries. A suggested contribution of $5.00 to help cover costs appreciated but not necessary.
- Tuesday August 20 – Calder Library (12710 131 Avenue)
- Tuesday August 27 – Jasper Place Library (9010 156 Street)
- Tuesday September 3 – Idylwylde (Bonnie Doon) Library (8310 88 Avenue)
- Tuesday September 10 – Strathcona Library (8331 104 Street)
Tuesday September 17 – Highlands Library (6710 118 Avenue)
- Tuesday September 24 – Calder Library (12710 131 Avenue)
- Tuesday October 1 – Idylwylde (Bonnie Doon) Library (8310 88 Avenue)
- Tuesday October 8 – Jasper Place Library (9010 156 Street)
FRIENDS OF ESPERANTO RESTAURANT EVENTS
Usually once per month, Friends of Esperanto meet at a restaurant to enjoy food from around the world and meet others who like the idea of Esperanto. Some of the participants are fluent speakers, some are current students, others just like the idea. Everyone is welcome.
- When: Thursday August 22 – 7:00 pm
- Where: Kyoto Japanese Cuisine – 8709 109 St NW
- What: Friends of Esperanto International Restaurant Evening
- Why: To enjoy Japanese food and meet others who like the idea of Esperanto.