Welcome to the English homepage of EA-Mondo (Esperanto Antaŭen – World).
- Por Esperanto – La ĉef-retejo de Esperanto Antaŭen en Esperanto: ea-centro.org
- Pour la Français – La Société québécoise d’espéranto (SQE): esperanto.qc.ca
- The 2020 World Congress of Esperanto will be held in Montreal Canada. Read more about Esperanto and the World Congress on the Government of Canada website (English, Français).
- Montréal accueillera le Congrès mondial d’espéranto en 2020 (Français).
- For information about Esperanto activities throughout Canada visit the website of the Canadian Esperanto Association: esperanto.ca
- For other languages and activities in other countries visit the website of the World Esperanto Association: uea.org/landoj/tutmonde.
ABOUT ESPERANTO ANTAŬEN
Esperanto Antaŭen (meaning Esperanto Forward) is a not for profit business based in Edmonton Alberta Canada aiming to professionally promote Esperanto.
Esperanto is a language different from most in that it was carefully planned to be as easy-as-possible to learn and introduced with the hope that it would be studied worldwide and become a common second language for the world. (Click on this link for More about Esperanto.)
ESPERANTO IN EDMONTON
Edmonton is the home city of Esperanto Antaŭen and it is in Edmonton that we are developing and testing approaches to promote and teach Esperanto. Edmonton is in the heart of English-speaking North America. Go 1000 kilometers in any direction and almost everyone you meet will speak English. If Esperanto can be successfully promoted in Edmonton, we think it can be successfully promoted in most of the rest of the world.
Esperanto speakers and those interested in Esperanto are welcome to join us most Tuesday evenings, from 7:00 – 8:30 upstairs at 10865 96 St.
Information Night and Free First Lesson
On Thursday May 2 – 7:00 pm upstairs at 10865 96 St.
Becoming fluent in another languages means learning to use thousands of new words. In most languages that means learning thousands of vocabulary items. Esperanto is different. Thousands of Esperanto words are created from just hundreds of vocabulary items. (To better understanding how this is possible visit the page Word Building in Esperanto.) Studies have discovered that 95% of spoken Esperanto can be understood after mastering less than 500 morphemes (vocabulary items). We invite you to come on May 2 and learn 20% of the morphemes needed for fluency in Esperanto.